- This event has passed.
Port Security Technology 2017
June 19th 2017 @ 08:00 - June 21st 2017 @ 17:00 CEST
Returning to London for its 8th annual meeting, Port Security Technology will provide a complete focus on security technology and its importance to the preservation of life and property in ports and at sea, as well as discuss most important topics to date such as cyber resilience, security automation and counter-terrorism.
This year, Chris Jones, Managing Director of Maritime Security Operations (MAROPS) will be Chariman and moderating two panel discussion as well leading a presentation to highlight the CBRN risks in the Port Environment. In his presentation, Chris will discuss the common environmental and industrial hazards, collateral damage and accidental releases at sea port caused by chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear threats (CBRN). He will go through several cases of when this had appended and explain how to plan to prevent these incidents.
The event programme also includes senior industry experts from BIMCO, Belfast Harbour Police, City University London, International Maritime Organisation, London Gateway, Malta Transport Authority, Marine Risk Management, Milford Haven Port Authority, Port Authority of Vigo, Port of Long Beach, Port of Rotterdam, Port of Santos (Brasil), Salamanca Group, Transport for London, University of Warwick.
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND:
- Gain a complete focus on security technology and its importance to the preservation of life and property in ports and at sea.
- Explore the most important topics to date such as cyber resilience, security automation and counter-terrorism.
- Hear from leading international sea ports, maritime authorities and technical experts on how to best optimise security for the future.
- Learn about the latest innovations and trends from port operators and industry around the world
In addition to the 2 days conference, there will be a post-conference workshop on “A Devil’s Advocate Approach to Port Security” hosted by Captain John Dalby, CEO, Marine Risk Management/Globalert Africa.
Attend the workshop to:
- Learn about the latest trends in Port Security
- Discover what is currently being done and can it be done better?
- Find out whether security technology the best solution to major risks at sea ports?
For more information about the workshop, please visit the website.