- This event has passed.
Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
November 23rd 2015 - December 22nd 2015
Whether you realise it or not, you negotiate and resolve conflict every day. This course introduces you to a way of thinking about Negotiation and Conflict Resolution that will give you renewed confidence.
MODULE 1 – THINKING LIKE A NEGOTIATOR: 10 videos, 9 quizzes, 1 assessment 23 – 29 Nov
MODULE 2 – THE FIVE PHASES OF A NEGOTIATION: 10 videos, 9 quizzes, 1 assessment 30 Nov – 6 Dec
MODULE 3 – CONFLICT RESOLUTION – THEORY AND PRACTICE: 10 videos, 9 quizzes, 1 assessment 7 – 13 Dec
MODULE 4 – COMMUNICATION SKILLS: 10 videos, 9 quizzes, 1 assessment 14 – 20 Dec
You will learn?
- Recognise cognitive heuristics that lead to poor negotiation decisions
- Identify a range of negotiation strategies and the consequences of only using a single strategy across different contexts
- Label different phases of a negotiation and learn what to do in each phase
- Understand how the skills and strategies can be applied to common workplace scenarios
- Explore different explanations for the origins of human conflict
- Understand a general framework for analysing and resolving conflict
- Describe a set of common communication skills and how they apply
- Bridge the gap between ‘knowing’ and ‘doing’ so that you can put the skills into practice in your own life.
This course requires approximately 2 – 4 hours of study per week, but can vary depending on the student. This includes watching videos, and taking quizzes and assessments. The total video time for this course is approximately 4 hours 28 minutes.
If you pass this course you’ll receive a Certificate of Achievement. While this certificate isn’t a formal qualification or credit, you can use it to demonstrate your interest in learning about this area to potential employers or educational institutions.