- This event has passed.
Drill/Exercise Q4, 2018 – Fire Safety from a security perspective
November 21st 2018 @ 09:00 - 16:30 CET€150 – €195
On November 21, 2018 Port Security Center, Inprevo (formerly Falck Prevention en TSA Safety Products), Kappetijn Safety Specialists en Veiligheidsregio Rotterdam-Rijnmond organise an ISPS-drill on “Fire Safety” from a security perspective. You will learn more about the prevention, detection and combat of fire in the spirit of the ISPS-Code.
Fire safety is normally considered to be in the safety domain. However, when fires are started on purpose – e.g. to cause damage and/or victims – or the result of purposely caused explosions or incidents, there is a strong link to security. The ISPS code deals with these security issues and also has a clear link to emergency plans, that Port Facilities are required to have, based on other laws and regulations.
Another important component that the ISPS-Code requires, is the availability of procedures that ensure good communication and cooperation with authorities, like the Fire Department, Ambulance and other emergency units. The PFSO has an important coordinating role. These ‘security fires’ require a different approach. Learn all about it at this event!
- 9.00 uur: Reception with coffee and tea
- 9.30 uur: Welcome/Opening by Port Security Center & Inprevo
- 9.45 uur: What is expected of the PFSO concerning fire safety?, Maikel Lenssen – Veiligheidsregio Rotterdam-Rijnmond
- 10.15 uur: Coffee/tea break
- 10.30 uur: How do you organize fire safety within your organisation?
Kees Kappetijn / Gaby van Melick – Kappetijn Safety Specialists
- 11.00 uur: BIO: the three pillars of fire safety (construction, installation and organisation)? – Niels van Vlimmeren / Gerard Hoffmann – Inprevo
- 11.30 uur: Lunch
- 12.30 uur: Getting to it!: We divide into groups and get to work with different subjects ourselves
- 14.30 uur: Coffee/tea break
- 14.45 uur: A real case!
- 15.45 uur: Closing with a networking drink
- 16.30 uur: End of meeting
Your participation costs per person: 150 euro excl. VAT for members / 195 euro excl. VAT for non-members.
- During this exercise, we tackle fire safety from a security point of view.
- You practice on-site with fire fighting, assistance, communication and cooperation, while networking with your colleagues.
- Your participation counts as an ISPS exercise! With what you will learn, you can review your own procedures.
- You will receive a certificate of participation and a goodie bag with more information about the subject and the parties involved.
If you register for this meeting, you agree to our terms and conditions, our privacy statement and the participation fee.
3 people are attending Drill/Exercise Q4, 2018 – Fire Safety from a security perspective