- This event has passed.
Drill/Exercise Q1, 2018 – Fire Safety from a security perspective – FULLY BOOKED
March 28th 2018 @ 08:00 - 18:00 CEST$150 – $195
On March 29, 2018 Port Security Center, Inprevo (formerly Falck Prevention en TSA Safety Products) and Kappetijn Safety Specialists organise an ISPS-drill on “Fire Safety” from a security perspective. You will learn more about the prevention, detection and combat of fire in the spirit of the ISPS-Code.
Fire safety is normally considered to be in the safety domain. However, when fires are started on purpose – e.g. to cause damage and/or victims – or the result of purposely caused explosions or incidents, there is a strong link to security. The ISPS code deals with these security issues and also has a clear link to emergency plans, that Port Facilities are required to have, based on other laws and regulations.
Another important component that the ISPS-Code requires, is the availability of procedures that ensure good communication and cooperation with authorities, like the Fire Department, Ambulance and other emergency units. The PFSO has an important coordinating role. These ‘security fires’ require a different approach. Learn all about it at this event!
- 9.00 uur: Reception with coffee and tea
- 9.30 uur: Welcome/Opening by Port Security Center & Inprevo
- 9.45 uur: What is expected of the PFSO concerning fire safety?
- 10.15 uur: Coffee/tea break
- 10.30 uur: How do you organize fire safety within your organisation?
Kees Kappetijn / Gaby van Melick – Kappetijn Safety Specialists
- 11.00 uur: BIO: the three pillars of fire safety (construction, installation and organisation)? – Niels van Vlimmeren / Gerard Hoffmann – Inprevo
- 11.30 uur: Lunch
- 12.30 uur: Getting to it!: We divide into groups and get to work with different subjects ourselves
- 14.30 uur: Coffee/tea break
- 14.45 uur: A real case!
- 15.45 uur: Closing with a networking drink
- 16.30 uur: End of meeting