- This event has passed.
Digital Ship’s Maritime Cyber Resilience Forum
January 31st 2017 @ 08:00 - 17:30 CET€ 595
Digital Ship’s Maritime Cyber Resilience Forum will discuss how the cyber threat is growing.
In this information era of the connected ship, and with the shipping sector’s increasing reliance on technology and remote monitoring, maritime cyber security is no longer just optional, but is business-critical.
How many companies are really ready to tackle the cyber challenge, and how resilient are they? Whilst the risk is real, it can be mitigated. How quickly and robustly a company can respond to this challenge will depend on how ready they are and also on whether they are investing in cyber preparedness. Are we witnessing a new security paradigm, where the focus is on prevention rather than simply relying on reaction?
Ship operators need to be confident that their procedures can deal with bigger and more sophisticated cyber-attacks and develop a safe, dependable, cyber capability in shipping.
The 5 key sessions during Digital Ship’s Maritime Cyber Resilience Forum will contain plenary presentations and panel discussions:
1. Facing the Cyber Threat: An Overview of Cyber Challenges and Impact on the Maritime Sector
2. New Developments in Maritime Cyber Regulations and Guidelines
3. Cyber Risks: Identification, Mitigation and Response
4. Pan-Industry Platforms and Collaboration to Combat Cyber Challenges – Lessons for Maritime?
5. End User Viewpoint: Are We Cyber Ready? Conclusions and Action
This Forum will bring advisors, end-users, technology providers and policy makers together, aiming to:
– Understand, define and assess the threats and risk of maritime cyber-attack
– Raise awareness of cyber security and risk issues and identify increased cooperation and information sharing mechanisms
– Discuss appropriate regulation and guidelines for clearer standards throughout the industry, and with authorities
If you would like more information on this agenda, please contact Cathy Hodge: email@example.com.